You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Registration error Photo, Designer, Publisher Windows desktop Engish UK

HI Guys,

I'vee read the earlier replies to registration errors.

I try to register new 1.9 update on Windows versions of designer, phot and Publisher and get exactly the same error: On registration screen within  app horizontal bar moves back and forth for about thirty seconds then app closes. I've also got Designer and Publisher on the ipad and they registered 1.9 without a problem.

I checked preferences and it shows as uk English.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Pete

Edited by Petew

Hi again,

Still no joy. It's very slightly different. Before at the "wait a moment..." the green horizontal bar would move back and forth for thirtyseconds and then programme would crash.

Now the green bar stops within a couple of seconds and cursor shows rotating circle showing its waiting for a few more seconds, then it just closes down programme. 

Thanks for trying. I hope this helps

Hi.

I've just updated to 1.9.0.932 and I have the exact same error. If I click Register or Log in it shows the "wait a moment..." screen with the green horizontal bar moving back and forth (not smoothly), then the program crashes.

The same with all programs: Designer, Photo and Publisher.

Edit: I have the program in Spanish, not English UK...

Thanks.

2021-02-04 23_20_16-Window.png

Edited by tiasmile
Add info (language)

I'm also having issues trying to register photo and designer.  I'm using the windows version and I originally bought it through the Microsoft US store.  The error says " Error while constructing request or parsing server's response:  There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response."  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Meir Santos said:

I'm also having issues trying to register photo and designer.  I'm using the windows version and I originally bought it through the Microsoft US store.  The error says " Error while constructing request or parsing server's response:  There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response."  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the same issue and I already try everything and noyhing need hel too .. please

• Staff

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.