You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when multiple duplicate + transform

Rynn

I encountered a crash bug. I am using Windows 10, most recent version of Adobe Designer. 

Program shuts down when I right click ctrl + use my tablet pen/mouse to move the image, which in history is noted as "duplicate and transform". 

What I'm doing:

- opening a new file

- placing a png into the empty file, designer persona 

- zooming in

- holding ctrl, clicking on the image and moving repeatedly

Happens quicker when I do it zoomed in, if I'm zoomed out it won't happen. 

Replicated it on main monitor and on a cintiq 13HD (plugged into my PC as 3rd monitor). 

Recorded my screen, hope that helps. 

2021-01-15 04-41-25.mkv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for letting us know. I was able to replicate the crash using 1.8.5, however I believe it has now been fixed in the 1.9 beta as I was no longer able to reproduce. Feel free to download it and give it a go, but please read the post thoroughly, as any document saved in 1.9 cannot be reopened in 1.8.

You do say you wanted to move your image, however are you aware that each time you moved it, it was duplicating another layer, creating multiple copies of that image? I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, or something you haven't realized? Holding Ctrl down whilst moving the layer will create a duplicate of that object and then move it, so you were ending up with lots of copies.