You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drawing Shapes/Geometry With Pixel Brushes

I realize you can create shapes/geometry in the Draw persona and then apply a brush stroke(eg. a textured brush) from the vector brushes panel, but I’d like to be able to draw shapes(eg. an ellipse) with a pixel brush in the Pixel persona. I don’t like the inconsistency(extreme stretching) or the obvious pattern repetition of the vector-ish brushes in the Draw persona(I’m aware of the brush setting to choose Stretch or Repeat. I’m not talking about changing the setting. I’m talking about the resulting output of the way the Stretch setting looks regardless of what brush you choose). In addition, I have a pixel brush that I’ve already tweaked to my liking that I’d like to use for outlying everything, but there is one part of the piece that requires an ellipse and I’d need to use the same pixel brush to create it in order to maintain a consistent look throughout the outline. 

My question is, is there any tool/way to create an ellipse in the Pixel person. Whether through a direct shape tool or some kind of snap/guide for me to draw a pixel stroke against or any other trick/workaround that will allow me to draw a geometric ellipse with the pixel brush I’m using through the rest of the piece. Thanks.

Edited by Bryman

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

There is no tool that will allow you to draw an ellipse with a brush in the Pixel Persona the only way to create an ellipse is found in the Draw Persona but this will allow you to adjust the stroke to use a vector texture brush but not a pixel brush.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I’m aware of this method, but pixel textured brushes and vector-ish textured brushes do not match or yield the same result. I guess there is no way to keep a consistent look throughout my outline with Affinity if I need to use geometry. That’s unfortunate.