You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HOW! Where’s the free transform, Affinity?

I don’t get it! 

From the reviews I’ve read before getting the Affinity Designer for the iPad, I was under the impression that this is the best design app ever! 

How does the best design app ever not have a Free Transform tool or options?!

I’m totally frustrated and wasting a lot of time to figure this out, because I simply can’t imagine that a “design” app doesn’t allow me to distort an image. 

And the idea that I have to buy another app and add to the work and time, just to transform a simple image, and disrupt my work flow!

Could someone explain how this happened? Because I’m regretting buying the app with every passing day.

Edited by Muna

I don’t think Designer has ever been marketed as the “best design app ever”.
Some of the text on the website says it is the “Best in class” but that can have all kinds of meanings depending on what the reader thinks it means (that’s just marketeers doing what marketeers do).

Muna - many many users had the same reaction on first firing up Designer on the desktop - I've always viewed it as a standard feature that I've taken for granted since first using Freehand 8 (1998) - the good news was it was originally added to the Designer roadmap around 5 years ago, and the devs must have had some form of vector distortion working since first release, but I'm guessing they won't introduce it in an up and coming Beta until it is awesome - it is very hard to be patient, especially when an important job you are working on needs this, but for the time being we have to find workarounds - we have a few workarounds on the mac and windows but not sure what to recommend iPad - hopefully we won't have too much longer to wait?

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

don’t think Designer has ever been marketed as the “best design app ever”.

But it does have a ton of potential to be

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk