You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colours changing themselves?!?!?

Hey, so im currently working on a cartoon image... i worked on one previously, in vector mode, and when i coloured using a brush (any brush) it came in at different shades even though my opacity is set to 100
, I've tried every controller setting. not matter what i do, where lines cross over it shades - goes darker. driving me crazy lol. just want to draw/colour in one block shade. it worries me for future jobs that will be sent to print and not too web. it also happens with the pencil tool, the only way i can find to fix this is vigorously colour the whole thing again which is way too time consuming. please helppppppp

On 12/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, feelingprettyred said:

Hey, so im currently working on a cartoon image... i worked on one previously, in vector mode, and when i coloured using a brush (any brush) it came in at different shades even though my opacity is set to 100
, I've tried every controller setting. not matter what i do, where lines cross over it shades - goes darker. driving me crazy lol. just want to draw/colour in one block shade. it worries me for future jobs that will be sent to print and not too web. it also happens with the pencil tool, the only way i can find to fix this is vigorously colour the whole thing again which is way too time consuming. please helppppppp

I guess you are using Designer. Are you talking about so-called Vector Brushes (available in Designer Persona only) or raster Brushes (available in Pixel Persona only)?

In fact, it would be best if you attached a very simple example document containing the problem.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, anon2 said:

I guess you are using Designer. Are you talking about so-called Vector Brushes (available in Designer Persona only) or raster Brushes (available in Pixel Persona only)?

In fact, it would be best if you attached a very simple example document containing the problem.

Both vector and pixel brushes pose this problem to me. so i draw a line lets say i chose to draw that in 100% black, i can then draw another line over it, same colour, brush, persona, and it will darken the lines where they cross, making 'colouring in' a nightmare as everything is totally different shades.