You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity file showing what is inside.

Hello,

I have a little question of which I could not find the answer on the internet, because searching for anything specific related to Affinity seems to be horrible.

So the question is: On my previous laptop, when I had a map with all my affinity designer files in it, they would all show what is inside of them. So, instead of the designer logo, it was a little version of the drawing that is inside. Now I have a new laptop, and I already got designer and that map with the files on it, but they no longer show what is inside. How do I change this? Is it an option of Affinity or is it something of the computer itself? I would really like having it back as it was, as that was very helpful.

If there are questions about what I mean with searching about Affinity being horrible, well, it just never shows you what you need. I am not blaming Affinity because I don't know what the cause is, but it just keeps happening when I search anything about Affinity.

I do not know what you mean by "map" but Finder in my MBP can show document icons that show Affinity file preview.

View > As Icons

and View > Show View Options (CMD-J) and select suitable icon size and tick "Show icon preview".

If you are using a PC I suppose it has something similar.

Alright, I have tried a lot of things and it is still not working. I can say for sure that my computer is not the problem, so it must have something to do with Affinity. I have the 'save thumbnails with documents' setting turned on, so like, what can possibly be the problem? And yes, it is not my computer, because any other file than Affinity does show thumbnails.