You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can publisher layers have cross page scope?

In Indesign I have a layer for each language. When I want to publish in one language, I switch it on and the other languages off.

In Affinity Publisher, it seems that layers have only a local scope in the current page, but I cannot have levels that are present in all the pages.

Is it right?

It is a pity, I am trying to pass to Affinity for everything and I succeed in everything but this. 

But that is a too big limitation. I really would to leave Adobe but I can't.

Thank for the help from anybody.

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

It appears you are missing Global Layers. Unfortunately APub doesn't offer this feature yet.

Sometimes a workaround with master pages may be helpful. – But depending on the number of pages and the complexity of your layout this workaround can become time quite consuming during layout to enable later simply toggling a certain master layer on and off: The requirement of working inside an according master layer and therefore of "detaching" this layer on every document page again and again will slow down the workflow ... and make the workaround inefficient this way.

However, you might want to add your comment or wish to one of various existing feature requests for Global Layers ...
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&q=global layers&type=forums_topic&nodes=65

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1