You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Increase in PDF export size during this year

Hi

I am trying to bottom this problem and not sure whether it is me or APub. I produce a quarterly Newsletter for the patient representative group of our GP Practice. Because of COIVD I have not done one since Dec 2019 which was a 37mb file that produced a 1mb PDF export. I  am producing one for the winter period in Beta to try some of the new features, currently it is around 20mb but I am struglling to get a pdf export less the 5mb. Thinking this was related to the beta version and unable to open the file in 1.8 because of new features I imported the pdf in to 1.8,.I lost things like hyoerlinks and image frames but the pdf export dropped down to less than 1mb from V1.8 so I thought this was a bug in beta. I have just produced in 1.8 a 4 page publication which consist of 12 image frames per page on A4, file size 22mb. When I export the pdf at 144dpi the pdf size is 19mb, if I then import that pdf back in to publisher and export to pdf the pdf size is 2.2mb. I would love to know if I am doing anything wrong as most of my work is for emailing or downloading from websites, which is difficult with such big pdf sizes.

This can be reproducesd by creating an A4 page in Publisher and insert 12 image frames on the page, then dupicate the page until you have 4 pages. Fill the image frames with any image from the stock panel and export as pdf. Then import that pdf back in to Publisher and export as a pdf and compare the pdf sizes

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Hoping someone picks this up, tried again today with simmilar results.

In the latest Publisher beta (same results with released version) on A4 paper size RGB/16  I created a 60x60mm images frame I then created 12 on the page on by using ctr+drag to create a row of three, Then the same process using the three to ctr and drag down until I had 4 rows of three on the page. Then duplicated two more pages from the first. Starting at the first image frame on page 1 I dragged the first 36 images in to the frames using the Stock panel Unspash search "sky"until all were filled.  When I Saved the file the size is 474mb. Exporting a pdf using the PDF Digital Small size it is 5.63mb. If I then export using PDF - High Quality the file size is 92mb. If I open the 92mb PDF in APub and save the file it is 29.8mb when saved the PDF from this file exported using digital high quality is 8mb, using PDF low quality is 253.67kb and the images seem ok for online viewing,

I somehow need to get to the smaller sizes without  having to create a pdf 300dpi and then open it with Publisher as I use image frames and stock photos quite a lot. Lagarto has been corressponding wiht me over the last couple of days, but does not seem to have the same problems I do. He did say he works in CMYK though does that make a difference?

I am not knowledgible with PDF satndards to know if there is a better way

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Hi 

I have subsequently tried this with i image on a single page of A4 posted which gives the same problem so will upload those files to the link

Alan Pickup