You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pencil Tool - Start / End node problem.

Dave G

Greetings All,

I regularly use custom image brushes to create elements like cables or wires. These look 100% fine when drawn with the Pen Tool. However, if I try to draw them freeland with the Pencil Tool the start / end nodes often don't align with the path causing them to look corrupted. The Bézier handles for these nodes need to be aligned manually after drawing. The issue is not that noticable with image brushes that taper at the start / end, but it's more obvious on brushes that are a constant thickness.

I initially thought this was a tablet pen pressure issue, but it also happens with my mouse. I've attached a video of me drawing a bunch of Pencil lines and assigning an image brush (I also experienced some rendering corruption as I recorded this, but that's a separate issue!).

Does anyone know if this is a known issue with the Pencil Tool?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the response. Yes, it only seems to affect the starting point as you say, not the end point as I originally thought. I've attached a better test GIF that I did at the time. Would be great if the team were able to implement a fix.

Cheers,

Dave.

designer_pen_problem_gif.gif