You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to learn how to continue a curve

Hi,

Often, when I have drawn a curve as a line segment with the vector brush I would like to continue the curve but end up drawing another line segment.

I have been stumbling through a process of drawing the two segments and using the join curve process.

I have been hoping to learn that there is some method such as hovering or perhaps using a keystroke and hover combination to continue a curve without having to join two line segments after the fact.

Am I missing something? Thanks for any tips you can share.

Windows 7 x64 with Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703

Thank you for the suggestion, the sculpt function works great, and will save me a lot of effort.

It makes sense that the pencil would do this rather than the vector brush, so that the line weight variance associated with a "brush" would be preserved and not automatically adjusted as you added to the length of the line.

I was in the habit of using the brush and had not used the pencil much at all. I can see that I will start using the pencil more often.

So, now that I have learned how to continue a line segment, are there any hints for drawing a line segment that joins to other segments? In other words, the sculpt will start at the endpoint of one line but can I also automatically stop at the endpoint of another?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

When using the Pencil Tool you can switch on Sculpt mode to continue from either end node of a selected open path.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)