You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photogrammetry software?

Hello - I am a member of a group of local history & archaeology enthusiasts here in E. Lincs.
We are currently trying to enter the rather murky waters of photogrammetry to extend the range of our work, under the guidance of Jim Sallis of Nottingham Trent University.
We feel that we are rather up against the odds with using free software, and obtaining good, reliable commercial software is a real problem for a group such as ours with limited financial resources!
As a user of Affinity software, I though that I would ask whether Serif has any plans to offer photogrammetry software in the future?
Given the increasing popularity of this field, it could be a winner!

Any hope?

- Ray Emery,

• Staff

Hi @Photogrammetry/Ray,

Welcome to the forums :)

3 hours ago, Photogrammetry said:

As a user of Affinity software, I though that I would ask whether Serif has any plans to offer photogrammetry software in the future?

I'm not aware of any such plans currently, however we never say never!

I'll move this thread to the Feedback section of our forums, for our devs to see and consider. I hope this helps :)

• 2 months later...

I use the Affinity products. The Apple iPhone 12 series and some of the earlier models feature LiDAR technology as standard which is one of the most important components in photogrammetry for scanning (the subject) architectural spaces, landscapes and people . The second most important component to creating 3-D images is the software.–When combined, (high quality photos using LiDAR scans with a third-party app), rendering of 'the subject' into 3D files are achieved directly on the phone in a matter of seconds or minutes. I think Affinity would do well to get in there now. I would love to be the first to test the software for you.