You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,  I have been editing my pics by going into photos and then edit with Affinity.  I would really like to do it the proper way but if I open Affinity - open - I don't get a documents file I just get a file which has derivatives and files 1-10 and A onwards.  These images are tiny unless I open them.  The same happens when I export them, it doesn't give me the option to do it to Documents.  I am currently running on iMac Catalina. I am also sing the cloud if that makes a difference.  I hope somebody can help me.  If you need pics to show what I mean let me know.  Many thanks.  

Edited by Bunny1
Forgot an extra piece of information.

I am not sure if this is what you want (the images seem small to me) but you can use Icon view instead  of list. What I do is use the list view and just hit the spacebar after I have highlighted one of the files and then I get a Quicklook preview which is huge (unless it is an affinity file...) and then I'll just use the up/down arrow to move from one file to the next with each one being loaded by Quickview.

2146487943_ScreenShot2020-10-24at10_46_37AM.png.a1f76b59d2a7af905df61b108b742792.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It sounds to me as though you're trying to edit the images directly from the Apple Photos database. This is a bad idea as it can corrupt your Apple Photos database and make it unusable. 

If you need to edit pictures in Affinity Photo without using the "Edit in Affinity...' command in Apple Photos, then either export the images from Apple Photos to your Documents folder (or elsewhere) first  and then open them in Affinity Photo; or don't import them into Apple Photos but drag them from your SD card into Documents (or elsewhere) and then open and edit with Affinity Photo.

Also, if you can't see "Documents" etc when you try to export, you may need to click this button:

963270072_Screenshot2020-10-24at18_50_52.png.cabc6be28a672955e5164946a7e9ffc7.png

Hope this helps - post back if you need more info.

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Hi, no I would be happy if I could get that.  If I go into docs there is nothing there.  I don't get the same as you are showing. The screen you have is what I can get on the iMac but it just give me that option in Affinity.  Thanks for helping so far.  If I could work out how to take a pic and attach it for you I would.

Hi, I open in photos and then right click to give me the choice one of which is edit in Affinity.  This is fine but all the Youtube vids show going straight into Affinity and pressing file open and a Document file opens.  This just doesn't happen.  Thanks anyway.