You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: is there a way to keep 100K?

This starts to bug me. Every time I open, create new from clipboard or import black only vector art from CMYK source (PDF, InDesign layout etc) I get RGB document and/or rich black elements when they should be 100K. Every little edit I do does this, I am never able to have directly 100K and I have to start the edit by converting elements to 100K. (Thank god new beta can select and convert easily.)

Is there really no way to keep imported/opened/pasted elements 100K as they properly should be?????? image.png.700e237fa70b85a99c9bd3685b887d09.png

OK, I can open a PDF and assign colour space and get 100K.

But when I copy (ID CMYK Fogra39) and paste (AD CMYK Fogra39) I get rich black. When I create New from clipboard I get RGB document and rich black.

Both softwares are set to Adobe RGB and Fogra39.

Convert preference is off.

It is of course possible ID CS5 is showing its age as it often complains opened document is in wrong colour space though all is Fogra39.

Objects are vectors and are copied fine including scale and stay editable (well, editable on AD, non-editable in ID, which is expected). Only colour values change.

Ah, I checked ID preferences – Appearance of black seems to make difference. I had set onscreen to "rich black", changing it too to "accurate" seems to correct the problem.