You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange Callout behavior

I'm trying to get callouts in a circular arrangement to point to a central focus.  Affinity publishers callout tool seems to only allow the tail to point downwards.. not sideways or up..   Rotating the callout then making it a text frame shape makes all the text in the callout turn upside down.

What am I missing here?  This is easy enough to do in pages or keynote...

image.png.7c2e5a7a6f2c49104c0df8d0fb4ee5b9.png

image.png

Edited by vfxwolf
remove second image

Add the callout to itself (by selecting it and choosing ‘Layer > Geometry > Add’) to reset the rotation before converting it to a text frame.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...

I agree with vfxwolf. I find the callouts a pain to work with. I find it easiest to superimpose a plain text box onto or within the callout shape then keep having to make the tedious adjustments until it fits. Is there some technically insurmountable obstacle as to why the callouts can't be as easily adjusted for fitting text as a regular text box? When a shape is converted to text box the shape cannot be manipulated except in size, so then if I "convert to curves" it also converts the text to individual text boxes and makes altering the text a big pain and easier to just start over. It would be very nice if there were a convenient way to go between curves and text box mode to alter text and shape as needed. It would be ideal if the text could be selected and independently rotated without having a separate text box imposed on the shape.