You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac 1.8.4 Publisher Crashes

Brady513

Hi,

My version of Publisher 1.8.4 crashes every time I try to save. I am not sure what the problem is, but of course, I have a deadline coming up and I need to get this document completed right away.

I have attached a copy of the crash report and the Publisher document.

Thanks for your attention.

BRRRR_Workbook_1.afpub MELTON_Publisher_1.8.4_Mac_Crash_Report.docx

HI @Brady513 Welcome to the Affinity forums. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I've just opened your file in 1.8.4 and I made a change and attempted to save and it crashed for me too. Can you tell me, does this happen if you start a new file and try and to save or it is this specific document that is causing the issue? 

I will have a look at your document and see if I can find anything obvious.

I think I've found the issue. There is a text frame on your original document that seems to be the cause of the crash. If you try to delete it the document will crash. I don't have the technical skills to fix this myself but I can see if one of my colleagues can. I can't make any promises though.

Do you remember when the issue started happening? Or if something specific happened that might have caused the file to become corrupt? Do you store your files on an external hard drive by any chance?

Corrupt_file.png

@SPaceBar,  just curios:  On page 6 the text frame "Organize" has the image pinned inline – but the UI marks the image as being outside the frame, + it seems additionally like being placed on the spread above (according to the frame position: its larger part is on page 4).

So I wonder how both aspects of this situation can even be created in this way.

150655012_pinnedinline-offitsframe.jpg.4c912bee9215033db6cc4b297a1028a9.jpg

@Brady513, do you remember where the image on page 6 was positioned when you pinned it? Did it ever occur inside the text frame?

And just a note: the Resource Manager reports the images as being CMYK but with RGB profiles applied (two monitor profiles). I wonder how the images were saved this way – or if the info in the RM is wrong, – however to avoid unexpected results you might want to check their space + profile.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1