You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

road signs Straighten & adjust

I'd like to adjust & straighten this sign as well as removing some of the wording ~ (Welcome to & Please drive carefully) ~ Then with those words removed to some how bring in the Black surrounding border so as it'll look more normal.  I have tried by cloning out the words and yes that works but if there is an easier/ quicker way to do it then I'd be dead chuffed to know. I also tried Cloning the black border inwards but  I just couldn't get it  to do what I wanted it to do. If there is a way to do this  then any 'Step-by-Step advise'  would be brilliant.  As usual thanks in advance  to anyone who can help me figure out this problem.

Screenshot_2020-09-13_at_11_49_37.png

Just to check, is this the sort of thing you want to do (but done better)?
If so, in Photo, you can use the Perspective Tool to straighten the sign.
Then use the Crop tool to crop to get rid of most of the background.
Then use the Inpainting Brush Tool to remove most of the words.
Then you can use various other tools – Healing, Clone, etc. – to make the sign area look better (something I didn't put a lot of time into for this quick example).
Sorry I don’t have the time to make a detailed list or a video at the moment.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 123129.png

Perspective tool to straighten it up, followed by a light crop to remove any transparent areas.

Use the rectangular marquee tool to select the very top edge of the sign, cut and paste and drag the pasted element down to just over the word "Little"

Same with the very bottom edge - select, cut, paste and drag up to just below the word "Snoring"

Crop off the top and bottom of the image:

snoring.jpg.0fc18053105e409e61d36c54cd07e67a.jpg

(Needs a better crop at the bottom but that's a general idea...)

.afphoto file has history saved so you can see the steps.

Cheers,

H

snoring.afphoto

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Yes that's what I was after but I wanted the words Little Snoring left in and the rest of the words taken out & then when that's done I'd like to bring in the black border so as there isn't too much wasted space above nd below the words 'Little Snoring' I hope that makes sense ~ Thanks for getting back