You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export from Publisher - viewing settings?

I would like to export a PDF where I can adjust the viewing preferences to double page viewing with cover page. Am I missing something but this doesn't not seem to be possible like it is in InDesign etc? Really pity as the only way to do this is by being forced - yet again - to buy an adobe product Acrobat Pro. Or is there a way around this issue? Needs to be single page export but viewing 'magazine style', with page turning animation would be even more amazing. Maybe someone knows a free/cheap app that could do this to the plain PDF exported out of Publisher? All help appreciated!

What you want to do is export Spreads and then in each PDF viewer set it up to view  two pages. This will give you the single page cover and the two inside pages side by side.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, HannaCecilia said:

Hi Bruce, thank you for responding. Yes, this would of course work but the problem is that the export has to be single pages due to printing - only the screen viewing to be as spreads. Or is there a way around this?

If you have two target audiences then make two exports.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.