You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble with exported PDF (colours)

Hi there!

I am struggling to get consistent colours among different elements in an APub document when exporting to PDF. Perhaps a bug with the PDF engine? Or is it just me... ;-)

To reproduce the problem please follow these steps in Publisher 1.8.5.703:

1. Create a new document of any size, set the colour space to RGB/8 using the sRGB profile.

2. Draw any shape with the fill colour set to rgb(231,35,105).

3. Duplicate the shape and move it to another position on the same page, so that they don’t overlap.

4. Create an inner shadow (fx) with the second shape. Lets say: 50% transparency, radius of 50px and offset of 20px.

5. Export the page (or document) using the PDF preset „PDF digital (high quality)“.

At least I end up with a PDF that displays both shapes in different colours (in Acrobat Pro 2017): the one without an inner shadow in bright magenta, the other one in dull magenta.

This happens with the presets „digital (high quality)“ and „digital (small size)“. Other presets are not affected. I know, I could avoid the issue by clicking „integrate ICC profile“. But even without an ICC profile the colours are supposed to be displayed exactely the same within the same document.

Any ideas?

colour-mismatch.afpub colour-mismatch.pdf

@Lagarto Thanks for looking into this issue and your explanation!

Just to get this straight: When exporting to PDF using one of the the two presets (that do not include an ICC profile), the colour space set for the whole document (in this case sRGB) is not relevant? All that counts is the colour space of the device the PDF is displayed on?

I know, it is not for you to answer but Serif: Why does the rasterized part of the document gets a colour space tag but the vector part not? To me it does not make too much sense...