You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changed exported artboard size in Designer when applying it on a copied artboard

After creation of an artboard I use CTRL+SHIFT and a mouse move to duplicate this artboard (see attached file: Copy of Artboard 1 named as Artboard 2 on the right). Size in example is 13 x 13 px. When exporting it the dialog shows 14 x 13 px instead. The saved file also has this new size, see second screenshot. A change of DPI has no effect to this issue. Since especially for icons an exact square is often required for upload, e.g. on Twitch, such files are not accepted. This causes a huge effort, extra time and external applications to crop the files. I use the newest Designer version 1.8.5.703 but as far as I know this issue exists from the start of Designer's PC version. Please be so kind and fix this. Thank you.

wrongly exported artboard size.png

wrongly exported artboard size explorer file detail.png

Your Artboard2 has a non-integer X position, as you can see in the Transform panel. That will result in an export requiring an extra pixel to account for the non-integer position. You can avoid that when you duplicate an Artboard by having appropriate Snapping options set (Force Pixel Alignment on, Move by Whole Pixels off) and by avoiding holding the Alt key when you move them.

At this point, if you simply replace with "17,1" X coordinate with 17 you should resolve the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1