You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thie mornig I opened my Suite to continue a job due monday morning. After a couple of minutes editing in Publisher, on "save" the app turns off, leaving (fortunately) the file unaltered.
I tried several times, with and without admin privileges, But no way. Every time I try to save, the App crashes fatally. 
I changed to my backup machine, with a previous version installed. Same drama. So it must be the file. Special page format?

This happens to be a pesky failure under production conditions, probably will be busting my deadline. (still got 16 hours to get this done.)  Any ideas? (file attached).

I LOVE the suite, this is my first ever FATAL accident.

Regards, Mathias

Flowpack_Grundseite_1_Kg.afpub

... I did another test doing the following:

The initial file had a special page format. I Made a new file with a page Preset DIN A 3 and copy-pasted all content. One page at a time, starting with the master pages. 
The file could be saved and I now can continue working on my project. Saved - alas, not completely solved: might be the non-standard Pageformat. But - WHY the heck crashed this file the app?

Keep up being the best! Cheers, Mathias

• Staff

Hi @mathiasree :)

Many thanks for providing a copy of your file and I'm sorry to hear you've experienced this issue.

I can see what's causing this, there is a 'pinned' object nested within a hidden text layer from your Master Page, which appears to be a Stock image of Soup (excuse the pun).

2464006efb4e8741d876437eebcc49d9.gif

I've been able to recover your file, however this did require deleting the group causing the crash. I can see that the group was not 'enabled' at the time, so hopefully this is okay.

The issue that's causing the crash here is one that's known to our developers, however we're yet to find a reproducible recipe that consistently causes this to happen in documents. Do you have any idea how this might have happened, or when/from what source was this stock image was introduced into your document?

Many thanks!

Flowpack_Grundseite_1_Kg_F.afpub

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!