You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a problem exporting files in the Affinity 1.3.2. version.  

The program creates a very small document (less than 1 MB) in all formats. The file size is 3000 x 2400 px, with a resolution of 300 dpi.

What can be wrong? 

• Staff

Hi NataM,

Welcome to the forums.

Is this using File > Export or the Export Persona? Try opening the App with the CTRL key held down, then export your project again. If the export is still affected could you upload a copy of your file so we can test exporting.

Thanks

Hi, Lee D

thank you for the reply, still it didn't work :(

Yes, I'm trying to export a file using File> Export. And it looks like after holding the CTRL key it started exporting the files even smaller than before. 

I'm uploading my document here.  Hope you'll figure it out.

Thank you! 

113.afdesign

• Staff

Hi NataM,

Thanks for the file,

Which format are you exporting to and which settings are being used. As the exported sizes I've got so far correspond with what I would expect based on the design being quite small.

Hi!

I’m still struggling with exporting files. 

I'm quite new to Affinity Designer. Was using Adobe Software before. Is it ok for a text business card with a geometric logo ( 600 by 1050 px, 300 dpi) while exported with AD in tiff to be 55 kb?

Thank you!

• Staff

If there are a lot of flat colours then it's very likely that your image will have a small file size when exported to TIFF or PNG. This is a good thing! :) If you had a complicated document with lots of different gradient fills and transparencies then the TIFF would get much larger very quickly - it's all down to how TIFF works. As an example, if I had a default A4 document (300dpi) and put a solid colour rectangle on it, my exported TIFF will typically be between about 20KB and 50KB... but if I changed the fill of that rectangle to be a gradient fill, the file size will suddenly rocket to about 4MB. TIFF compresses the data so areas of the same colour will share data - in a gradient there is less colour data to share so it will increase the file size (it's not as simple as that, but it gives you an idea of what's going on).

Thanks,

Matt