You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After Windows 10 black screen test, Affinty Designer & Corel application stopped working, other applications, Adobe / Affinity Photo work. I have repaired with the download of the Affinty Designer but the application does not start ... what can I do?

• Staff

Hi Manucoruna,

Can you try resetting Designer by following the steps below:

Hold down the Windows key and tap the letter R.  This will bring up the run box.  In here type:
%appdata%

Click okay

A window will open showing you some folders.  Open the folder called Affinity, followed by Designer. You should now see a folder called 1.0 . Please right click on this and rename it Old Settings.  

Now try starting Designer and let me know the results.

17 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Manucoruna,

Can you try resetting Designer by following the steps below:

Hold down the Windows key and tap the letter R.  This will bring up the run box.  In here type:
%appdata%

Click okay

A window will open showing you some folders.  Open the folder called Affinity, followed by Designer. You should now see a folder called 1.0 . Please right click on this and rename it Old Settings.  

Now try starting Designer and let me know the results.

HI, I have a similar issue, 

After a Windows 10 update, Photo and Publisher both work fine, but designer will not start, blue circle runs for a few seconds then stops and the app does not initiate.

Ran the last update download I had (1.8.3 I think) it said 'repairing' and I then restarted my pc - did not work

I then ran your steps above - but still not working

Thaks

Ian