You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Import - bleed errors

Hi, I'm noticing issues with bleeds importing in Publisher. I've created and exported the file in Publisher, then imported that PDF back into Publisher and it's all looking wonky. I've included 3 screenshots: a corner of the work file, that corner in preview and that corner of the PDF imported back into Publisher. It's really bizarre that it's not able to import it as it was exported in the same program. I've re-created this project in Publisher as I was not able to export my bleeds in Designer (which has already been discussed).

1. publisher work file.png

2. exported PDF with cropmarks in Preview .png

3._Same_PDF_imported_in_publisher.png

• Staff

It looks like the top-bottom bleeds are swapped when importing a document with no bottom bleed. For the meantime, you should be able to manually correct this by swapping the Top-bottom margin values in Document Setup, and then shifting all the content up

ok, thanks @Gabe. I just want to share that I've had different bleed issues overall for months now across all affinity programs. I hope AF addresses these issues. They overall add a big strain on the finals step of a project as bleeds are an important detail in exporting and when there are deadlines, there is simply no time to be dealing with these issues when those PDF need to be sent in. I love LOVE Affinity, but sometimes these little issues are just so frustrating.