You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to turn on automatic hyphenation in Affinity Designer?

Hello,

I have installed additional russian dictionary for spell-checking and for automatic hyphenation based on suggestion of this topic:

For Affinity Publisher all works well, including hyphenation, after I have turn on automatic hyphenation in paragraph section.

For Affinity Designer russian spell checking also works well.

But I havent found in AD where I can turn on automatic hyphenation. Is it possible for AD?

9 minutes ago, SergioRus said:

But I havent found in AD where I can turn on automatic hyphenation. Is it possible for AD?

There is (currently) no possibility for turning on hyphenation in AD, but if you use "Edit in Publisher", turn on the hyphenation for the text frames and then switch back to AD, hyphenation you turned on in APu is preserved.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

7 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

There is (currently) no possibility for turning on hyphenation in AD, but if you use "Edit in Publisher", turn on the hyphenation for the text frames and then switch back to AD, hyphenation you turned on in APu is preserved.

Thank you, Joachim, I have checked your workaround, it works.

With respect, Sergey