You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SIMILAR FONTS AND CATEGORIES

I wish to have a font feature where you can filter fonts based on categories like calligraphic/handwritten, decorative, serifs, sans serifs, slabs etc. Indesign has this feature. Moreover, I wish there was a way where you can show fonts that look similar to the one you have selected. Indesign has a switch next to each font where you can toggle this and it is very handy. As of the current situation is there a standalone tool that can accomplish this?

Below is how Indesign handles this:

download.png

No idea with Affinity, but for stand alone you need to look at font management software I use FontExplorer Pro. Another widely used one is Extensis Suitcase. I do not organize or search fonts the way you are looking for so not sure how the programs mentioned handle that, but there are demos so you can try and see how it will handle your workflow. 

2 hours ago, wonderings said:

No idea with Affinity, but for stand alone you need to look at font management software I use FontExplorer Pro. Another widely used one is Extensis Suitcase. I do not organize or search fonts the way you are looking for so not sure how the programs mentioned handle that, but there are demos so you can try and see how it will handle your workflow. 

Thank you for your response. I will take a look into your suggestions.