You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.3 Save and Save As seem to be broken

I've seen this mentioned in the Publisher and Photo forums too, this is now happening for me with Designer.

I have a document (+/- 80mb) that I'm trying to save, and the save progress bar just stays idle. I've left it for 15 minutes, but my documents aren't saving anymore.
I need to force quit the application, (the application does stay responsive though).

During the save-freeze, I see no disk activity at all (I use istat menus), and Designer does have access to my SSD.

It seems that I now also cannot relaunch designer anymore... I'll try a reboot and see if that fixes things...

Just a quick follow up.

It seems that my problem was to blame at Apple raid. I use a few RAID 0 striped sets, and even in Finder I noticed laggy performance, while the raid set should have 6000mb+ read and write speeds.

I have now switched over to softraid, and performance seems to be more reliable.

So please ignore my previous message.