You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GIF export artefacts

P-J

Hi,

I have a problem with exporting simple graphics made in Designer to GIF - everything white gets artefacts. It doesn't matter if it's white fill in object or empty background. Also setting Matte to white or none doesn't change anything. Exports to PNG and JPG are fine. Opening PNG in Photo and then exporting to GIF (file A5) also creates artefacts.

I'm using v. 1.8.2 on MacBook Air with Catalina 10.15.4.

zachowaj odstep-A3.png

zachowaj odstep-A5.gif

zachowaj odstep-A2.gif

zachowaj odstep-A1.gif

• Staff

Are you resizing the document on export, if so what size are you exporting to? By default that file is 15355 x 12993 which is huge and currently taking a very long time to export

Are you able to attach a screenshot of the settings you're using on export as well please (click 'More' to display them all).

Thanks

Export size is 984x832, it's those files attached in the first post. I didn't try exporting GIF in original size, as I don't need it - for print it will go full size in PDF, which exports correctly and quickly. I used default settings, screenshots attached.

This is my first week with Affinity, so probably I'm doing something wrong. I just realised that Designer sets DPI for vector documents, unlike AI. For those top two shapes I used a Corner Tool, and they get distorted when changing document DPI and when scaling. Unless I Bake Corners, what makes them uneditable. 

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 14.57.05.png

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 14.58.29.png