RiccardoMarchi

Layers's name and structure when exporting to pdf

Hi. I have a problem when exporting form Designer. My printing service ask to get all graphics on one layer called "Artwork" and the cutting contour on another level called "CutContour". I arranged accordingly the layers in my designer source file, but when i check the exported pdf file, the name of layers is changed and also some layers are added (for instance a layer is added for the contour of the bleed). Is that possible to keep the structure and names of layers? I tried out all export options...

Hi RiccardoMarchi and Welcome to the Forums,

I suspect you are running in this issue:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/57126-export-to-pdf-fails-to-preserve-layers/

It sounds like your Artwork Layer isn't an actual Layer and is either an artboard or an object.  If you add a blank layer and rename it artwork and move the items on the layer, it will still have that name when exported to PDF :)