You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding to selection and deselecting with rectangle selection

In Publisher when I click and drag with the Move tool, I can select everything that is inside that rectangle. Can I then somehow add to this selection or deselect elements with the same method? So far I can only do it selecting/deselecting elements one-by one, which can be quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hi Annabella

There is no way to add or remove from selections using the left click and drag method you have described I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, Callum said:

Hi Annabella

There is no way to add or remove from selections using the left click and drag method you have described I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Thanks Callum. I don't know if they fixed something or I was doing something wrong before, but it seems to work now. :) Though at first I thought it still doesn't work with the CTRL key method (to disregard groups why selecting), but then I figured out, that it just the order that matters: first I have to hold down SHIFT and then add CTRL and then I can drag the selection box. Just in case someone needs this too :)