You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to update a 100 page publisher file and have updated the current body style to change the font size.

This works fine for new text that I apply the style to, but hasn't updated existing text based on the body style which is still in the original size.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there a preference somewhere to update all items with this style to the new style definition?

Cheers

Gareth

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Gareth.

I would have expected all the text with that paragraph style to change. But there can be exceptions.

Also, when you say "hasn't updated existing text based on the body style" do you mean "that has the body style" or "that uses a style based on the body style"?

If you meant that it has the body style, then with the Frame Text Tool (T) active, and the text cursor in some text that should have changed, does the context toolbar show your body style (e.g., Body) as the paragraph style, or does it show Body+ ?  If it shows Body+, then look at (and expand) the top line in the Text Styles panel. What does it show as the complete definition of the text's style?

Can you give us any screen shots?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

To Clarify - I meant text that is set as Style Body not Body+

After doing a load of manual changes and saving I can no longer reproduce the problem. Everything is working as I would have expected and as you've stated it should.

Maybe its a save issue or something to do with the file being a pre 1.8 version - anyhow Everything is now good so problem solved.

Thanks for trying to help.

Regards

Gareth

• 1 year later...