You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher update totally trashed my installation

1. I haven't used publisher for a little while. I was prompted to update to 1.8. Following instructions I opened up publisher- it prompted me to update to 1.8.  This download fine. I ran the update - it got almost to the end then came up with error message update failed.  As if that wasn't bad enough, when I clicked on the Designer Icon in Windows I got an error message Item referred to in the shortcut cannot be acessed 
  2. When I looked at the folder under program file affinity  publisher  Windows refused to allow me to open it. A right click on properties showed a 0 files content.
  3. It seems this 1.8 update has managed to totally trash my installation.  What in the world is going on??? I now have to waste time finding the original installation files and start again = Not a happy bunny to say the least!

Yes I have had the same issue again!! Same thing happened for the previous update. This time the same fix doesn't seem to work. Obviously serif haven't done anything about sorting it out!!! Luckily had a copy of 1.7 which I managed to load on another directory and get access to my files. Seriously looking a dumping the program, can't afford to have this happen on every update!!!

You might want to try to reboot and reinstall.  There's been a regular problem with updating any of the Affinity apps.  The update deletes the existing install but fails to reinstall.  Usually a reboot takes care of it.  It has something to do with Windows "mood" at the time.