You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashing opening 1.7 document

I'm having a similar issue. It crashes whenever I try to open a specific document (64pp magazine) that was created in Publisher 1.7. I've also tried a different edition from my external back up and the same thing happened. Crash report attached.

It opens other documents OK, so far anyway. I've opened a PDF and an IDML file OK (top update feature).

It's on a MacBook Pro 8,1 with 16Gb RAM and SSD drive running Mac OS X 10.13.6

Crash report attached.

Crash Report.rtf

I've copied the previous version from my backup drive, unmounted the drive and the file opens without any problem if I don't link the missing files. However, if I try to open the version in my Dropbox folder, which is essentially the same file, it crashes Publisher when trying to open it. It didn't even get to the point of asking about missing resources, which would have been on the backup drive. I guess it's just a matter of using the version I just copied from the backup and a process of elimination to find out which file it doesn't like, even though it all worked fine in the previous version. The good thing is I should be able to work on the new issue now. 

None of the files have changed. The strange thing is, none of the previous editions that are on my back-up drive would open either, and they had all the image links on the back-up drive, apart from the recurring ones that are on my main drive. Even the previous one on my main drive that I will use as the base for the next issue wouldn't open even though all the image files have been removed. However, when I copied the same file from the back-up to my main drive, then unmounted the back-up,  it opened without all the images linked. I have relinked the recurring images and it's still stable. It could be one of the ad files that was sent to me that I haven't relinked as I don't yet know which ads are running. The ads that I know will repeat have been linked without a problem. I'll try linking the other ads, which are also still on my main drive and see if one of those is the problem and let you know. The good thing is, at least I can start working on the next issue. And thanks to the new idml import feature I was able to open an earlier version of the mag from before the switchover, which was going to be my Plan B.