You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.0 IDML Attempt

mattspace

Attempted to try an IDML import, with an IDML file exported from InDesign CS5.

Dragging the file onto the Publisher icon, nothing happens.

Opening the IDML from within Publisher, nothing happens.

Creating a new document that matches the dimensions of the original InDesign file, and dragging the IDML file onto it - Publisher locks up, and a little while later I checked Activity Monitor (attached):

publisher_lockup.png

• Staff

That seems to open for me, but I'm missing all the linked resources and fonts so that might be why.

Can you upload the linked resources and fonts to the same link? Chances are it's related to loading in one of them!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

8 hours ago, Jon P said:

That seems to open for me, but I'm missing all the linked resources and fonts so that might be why.

Can you upload the linked resources and fonts to the same link? Chances are it's related to loading in one of them!

Hi Jon,

The linked resources is 13GB+ of images, all of them multi layer TIFFs, with photoshop layer effects etc. Probably not the sort of thing i can upload.

Are there any other options for diagnosing whether it's a specific file, or just the cumulative size of the files (any logging built in to Publisher etc)?