You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What option to export vector into Photoshop to become paths or vector type shapes ?

Hi,

AD 1.8

I am using paths in Photoshop CS6 to give scaleable shapes as Adobe intend them for. They also have a custom shape tool which can be set to draw as paths, if one wants a pre-existings shape, ) never anything I need as I am tracing items in photos.

I have tried a few export options in AD but none open as paths or vector shapes. Either get raster or cannot parse  or unknown object.

I open a sample svg file from the internet, then copy paste that, it comes in as rasterized in Pshop.

Just what do I need to do ?

I am also needing to get Rhino3D vector curves into Photoshop and thought via Affinity might be the best way as there is no direct way whatsoever.

Thanks

Steve1

• Staff

Would exporting to SVG not give you the results you are looking for? If you re open the exported file in Designer are the shapes still vector or are they rasterised like in PhotoShop?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi,

here it is, a simple scribble in AD.

One can copy paste the vector paths from Illustrator into Photoshop, but copy paste them from AD and it doesnt woek, its as if Adobe have got it all buttoned up, I cannot goo buying a prog just for the very occasional need of that ability. For AD to be useful getting paths into pshop would be good.

Steve1

draw a shape in AD and export as svg.svg