You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch operations on Slices and slices in general

Is it possible:

1) to select multiple slices and rescale them at once eg. select 10 slices and rescale them from x*y to 2x*2y? Right now when I drag one corner only that corner and adjacent row/column are modified.

image.png.b45b673550b69149ee5570c006cffd86.png

2) to detach slices created using Layers panel while keeping their position/size and name? After adding adding fx outline to layers/groups it automatically expands their slice size even if added outline is not even close to slice borders eg. slice 32x32px containing objects inside for max 20x20px, after adding 1px outline it changes slice to 34x34px and it's objects to 22x22px. I want to detach it so I can have and outline and 32x32px export(without having to create and name 70+ slices of size that I already have...).

image.png.598cc9d69833c4020fb4793484a7246d.png

3) to make Layer slices export with a background/everyhing? Right now slices created from layer only exports what is on that layer/group, so is there any option to change that behaviour?  It would fix my problem number 2 since I would be able to add fx outline to base Layer node(all child groups and layers would be affected) of my document and keep the size of slices 32x32px.

image.png.b48ed530a2b09dc601f5c12b54971cf0.png

4) sort/move/rearange slices in Layers panel? Having just many slices it would be nice to rearrange them to have some logical order in there.

• Staff

Hi Lorthiz,

As far as I'm aware there is no way to do what you are looking for with the first 2 questions I'm afraid. A slice should already export with everything please could you provide an example of it not doing this in the form of a screen recording? There is no way to re arrange slices at this point in time either I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.