You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas resolution decreases when pen is moved

I found that when the brush moves on the canvas, the resolution of the entire canvas suddenly drops, and when the brush stops, it returns to normal

我发现当画笔在画布上移动的时候,整个画布的分辨率会突然降低,当画笔停下来之后,又恢复到正常。

Can you reproduce this bug?

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

你好水母在哪里,

这是我们在绘制时呈现文档的方式-出于性能目的。防止这种情况的唯一方法是从“首选项”>“用户界面”禁用画笔预览。

I tested it and when it was closed, it was still blurry when painting, but it was fine when moving. Affinity Designer does not have this bug.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:37 PM, Chris B said:

Have you tried it in the Pixel Persona in Designer? 

The Designer Persona uses vector brushes and behaves differently to the pixel brushes in the Pixel Persona/Affinity Photo. 

Have you tried it in the Pixel Persona in Designer?

yes I use the Pixel Persona in Designer

• Staff

Hey 水母在哪里,

This is 'by design' for Affinity Photo. We do two render passes on pixel brushes—a low pass and then a high pass. This is because Affinity Photo uses larger rendering tiles than the Pixel Persona in Affinity Designer, where the behaviour is not present. I was mistaken when I said you will see this in the Pixel Persona.

Affinity Designer just does a single high pass render which is why you do not see the same behaviour.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey 水母在哪里,

This is 'by design' for Affinity Photo. We do two render passes on pixel brushes—a low pass and then a high pass. This is because Affinity Photo uses larger rendering tiles than the Pixel Persona in Affinity Designer, where the behaviour is not present. I was mistaken when I said you will see this in the Pixel Persona.

Affinity Designer just does a single high pass render which is why you do not see the same behaviour.

Where can I set it up, thanks!

On 2020/2/10 at PM8点57分, Chris B said:

嘿,水母在哪里,

这是针对Affinity Photo的“设计”。我们在像素笔刷上执行两次渲染通道-低通然后高通。这是因为Affinity Photo使用的渲染图块比Affinity Designer中不存在该行为的Pixel Persona大。我说你会在Pixel Persona中看到这个时我弄错了。

Affinity Designer仅执行一个高通渲染,这就是为什么您看不到相同行为的原因。

Can I modify this setting?

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

You cannot modify the setting—Photo works differently to Designer as it uses bigger rendering tiles. 

Is this affecting your workflow at all? Or are you just dissatisfied with the visual feedback? 

Using Designer and Photo at the same time, there is a feeling of division in the experience.