You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi There,

I enjoy using Publisher for formatting books. One challenge I just can't overcome is by applying optical alignment to the text. There are words in italics in the original manuscript, that gets lost as soon as I apply optical alignment. In the 'edit' section, I've set the font: no change. I checked the font settings too.

I cant find what is overwriting my format. Anybody could help me please?

Thank you,

Bluebell

Edited by Bluebell

• Staff

Hi Bluebell,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not seeing this behaviour here if possible could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the issue? Could you also please tell me which operating system you are using? Does this issue occur if you use a font such as arial?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

I was just notified by Walt.Farrell, that you responded. Sorry for my late return, I did not realise there was a response.

I am attaching the screen-recording for your request. You will see, that the text has some words in italics, and upon applying optical alignment, it will be 'normal' font. After that I open the 'edit optical alignment' and show that the font=no change. 

Font: Garamond

On another note, I started this project a second time, because at my first trial, the optical alignment was not possible at all. I decided to start from scratch as it seemed to me, that the more i was tweaking the settings, the more it got confused... with me together.  😄

In 'edit body, optical alignment' is set to left 100, right 0...

I am not sure if I am not aware of something in the setting, or is there something else... I really appreciate your support,

I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Bluebell