You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Custom Export Preset possible? Duplicates warning!

Hi,

When I have a image and go to the export persona to export 5 image sizes from that single image, would it be possible to create a custom preset for this containing the 5 sizes? Then I get the warning that the filename is duplicated. Is there anyway to auto number with the image size instead of 1, 2, 3, etc. the outputfiles or how do I have to handle this error warning? I see it auto numbers the images despite the warning anyway. 

Regards & Thanks,

David

Hi David, by clicking on the name you can modify it, a simple method is to use the Width and Height variables to get a unique name, you can add spaces between the variable tags. At the bottom you can create custom variables, I haven't used these so I'm unsure what can be used in the value section. 

1868834754_ScreenShot2020-01-27at10_09_59.thumb.png.73f79a846b8ef7c4fad425c732c25955.png

Hope this helps.

There appears to be no information about variable values and how they should be configured, so, unless someone has some in-depth knowledge about this area it's pretty much useless, you can't even get an idea of what variables are supposed to look like from the small list of pre-made variables. I also think the user variables input is bugged because it's difficult to type a name. You can type one letter then you get a blue button, the variable input allows you to type more characters but only one at a time and you have to double click to input another character, this renders this option pointless. This area needs a lot of work to get it slick, understandable and useable. 

Amendment: the custom variable input works ok in the 1.8 beta.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yes, click on the burger bars to access the drop down menu to create an export preset.

1260353925_ScreenShot2020-01-27at11_04_17.png.cd70b32e8e851e73be0680011b97c0f8.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions