You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Few Basic CMYK Questions

Hi. I'm using Affinity Designer for Mac. I just started a new job and one of my tasks was to revise the company logos (there are about five different variations). I used Affinity Designer and it worked out great. However, one of the updated logos will be used on the company's letterhead. For the letterhead, the logo's color format needs to be CMYK and not RGB. Currently I have all the logos in one file and the color format is RGB/8. If I want to create a CMYK export of one logo from the document, do I simply change the color format to CMYK/8? Or will I need to do some tweaking of the colors? I've never dealt with CMYK before. 

Thanks,

Skylamar

Create a new document using cmyk/8. Copy the logo from your file and paste it.

How much the colors change depends on the rgb colors, which can be well outside of what cmyk can produce. 

If you need to alter colors, make sure you use the cmyk sliders.

But. Is this letterhead going to be professionally printed?