You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it already possible to vectorize images with Affinity?

Hi, I was wondering if Affinity already added a vectorize function for images? This would be amazing! If not, could somebody tell me what would be good software (other than Illustrator) to vectorize artwork? I’d like to vectorize scanned watercolours, and some digital art made with procreate. 

No, but this is often asked after in this forum and so there are already a bunch of threads which deal with this theme in the one or other way ...

Vectorization and autotracing software for Win + Macs:

Online tracing tools:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just purchased Affinity Designer as part of the current promotion. I've used Affinity Photo for years, excellent alternative to PhotoShop. However, I discovered Designer is missing a vectorizer, so it is missing a key feature of Illustrator. I read through endless forum posts here and tried a few demo program including Intaglio Vectorize, which is free. However, it doesn't easily produce something usable in Designer, there is a learning curve (ha), and there is no documentation for Vectorize, just a skeleton ReadMe file of the obvious stuff. Can the Affinity team consider producing a tutorial using Intaglio Vectorize to produce usable output for Designer? This would be a welcome substitute for not having this feature, which a ton of people have asked for, going on 6+ years. Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased Affinity Designer for the same purpose but vectorizing options are missing, wondering if i should cancel the purchase on App Store as the app is useless for what i want to achieve right now.

Edited by maks-san
You'll see, my english was too bad had to correct some words