You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply a "basic" paragraph style to all text in a book

2 hours ago, pacorramos said:

Is there any "automatic" way to do it?

If you mean on import then no. The only reliable way I have found is to import the text (I try to use plain text files) and then using the text cursor place it in amongst the text and Select All (Command + A) then apply the Paragraph Style.

You may have bold and italic and underlined and struck through or some combination carried over from the Word document and this is more work to correct. There are a lot of people who need to have those remain and then there are others who want them removed. Myself, I like to work with plain text files and use text markers within the plain text to mark the italic or bold or whatever. A simple find and replace using the grep function and predefined Character Styles and I am done. But that is me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

If you mean on import then no. The only reliable way I have found is to import the text (I try to use plain text files) and then using the text cursor place it in amongst the text and Select All (Command + A) then apply the Paragraph Style.

You may have bold and italic and underlined and struck through or some combination carried over from the Word document and this is more work to correct. There are a lot of people who need to have those remain and then there are others who want them removed. Myself, I like to work with plain text files and use text markers within the plain text to mark the italic or bold or whatever. A simple find and replace using the grep function and predefined Character Styles and I am done. But that is me.

Good advice! Many thanks!