You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everybody,

Studio link not working in affinity Photo and Designer.

Both apps are purchased from the affinity website.

Both apps are updated and I'm using  Mac OS Catalina  which is also the latest version.

Both apps are a clean install.

I also try downloading the trial version of affinity publisher and for some reason only the affinity publisher has the studio link option.

I've attached a screenshot which shows the three interfaces.

Can anyone please help?

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 8.56.10 PM.png

Hi @Charris, welcome to the forums!

Studio Link is only available to allow access to the main persona from each of Photo or Designer from within Publisher at this time, assuming they are owned.  It requires all involved apps to be at the same major version (currently 1.7 for the released versions), and does not work between betas and released versions.

It is not clear from your post whether you are using the Publisher 1.8 beta, but as you posted in the beta forum, I assume that it is possible you are using the 1.8 beta. In that case, the answer is easy: the 1.8 beta of Photo and Designer is not yet available for Mac, and that is required for Studio Link in Publisher 1.8 to work. Currently you can only use Studio Link when using the release version of Publisher.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, Charris said:

only the affinity publisher has the studio link option

That is correct. Studio Link is a feature of Publisher, not available within Designer and Photo.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.