You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smudge Tool Cursor Changed To Imported Brush

SWFPaint

Hi, I recently purchased AP from the Affinity site. I downloaded the brush pack Evenant-Concept-Art-Brush-Pack, which was a recommended free set from a different site. The set is large and has a ton of nice effects. I was showing my wife the included moon brushes, where there were different phases of the moon for night paintings. I was showing her how you can change the image once applied to the layer with blurring and color, and then used the smudge tool. As I did that the cursor for the smudge tool changed to that moon that I just painted. I clicked back to painting, changed color, changed size and went back to the smudge tool and it was still the moon. So, I restarted and that didn't change it back. I deleted the brush pack from the program and then Deleted AP and that still didn't work. Deleted AP and AD and ran CCleaner to clear registry and then reinstalled AP and there was still no change. That damn moon is still there! And I didn't even load the painting I was working on. I brought up a new canvas and drew a few lines and clicked on the smudge tool and after all of that I did it was still the stupid moon. The Blur, Sharpen, and Median cursors are all circles, it only affected the Smudge cursor. What gives?

I use a Wacom tablet on a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series Laptop with Windows 10. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for responding. I was aware that you could change the brush by selection and I tried that , but no matter what I selected it remained the same. For painting and erasing I was able to pick a brush and change it, just not the smudge tool. Even after deleting Affinity and going into the computer and deleting everything I could find, with the exception of the project I am working on, then reinstalled, I still could not change the smudge brush from the "half moon" brush from the vendor listed in my first post. Now here's the strange thing, I just decided I would use the half moon and not worry about it, it still smudged so I was good. Then a couple of days ago I was back at my project and went to use the smudge tool and the half moon was gone! I tried selecting other brushes and it worked fine. And so far so good. Just a bizarre hiccup I guess. 

If it decides to hold on to another brush type and refuse to change I'll post it.

Have a great day!