You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Buttons placed top of screen

Zimes

The buttons that are placed on the top of the screen are not responding. It’s random, sometimes they respond, sometimes they don’t. I have to click them repeatedly until they finally respond. 

I tried it on other apps to check if it was my iPad that was acting weird. But no, just in affinity.

Also it doesn’t matter what way I’m holding my iPad. It’s just the top part of the app that doesn’t instantly respond. 

treid reinstalling my app as well. Didn’t help.

in the picture it’s the buttons in red I’m talking about 

108FE5B9-C7F0-42E6-8E85-79A98A586C9D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same  problem as described above. There is a zone at the top that is not sensitive to the pencil tapping or starting a stroke. If I am drawing with a tool like the pencil, I can start in the middle of the screen and draw right to the edge. But if I start at he edge nothing registers. For the buttons or tool palettes, only he bottom edges of the buttons work. 

‘’this is true regardless of the orientation (so not an issue with the physical screen).

im attaching a screen shot that shows what it’s like on mine. At the top I used  pencil to draw lines that are set with arrows at the end, so you can see where the lines start and end. I could not draw any that start from he top

there is no such problem with left, right, or bottom edges  

Top bug.png

Edited by crisp

• Staff

Hi @crisp,

Welcome to the forums. 

If you go into Full Screen (top right icon), can you draw on that top section? 

Can you draw horizontal strokes instead of vertical ones?

Can you attach a screen recording of this in action? Make sure you turn "Show touches" on in Designer's General Preferences. 

I went back today to make the screencast, but the behavior is no longer there :)  

previously though, it was the same in full screen view and horizontal strokes didn’t work (i had originally tried those for my screen shot, but the vertical lines were easier to show)

So I’m not sure exactly how to reproduce this now, but I will post if I see it surface again

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 4:36 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @crisp,

Welcome to the forums. 

If you go into Full Screen (top right icon), can you draw on that top section? 

Can you draw horizontal strokes instead of vertical ones?

Can you attach a screen recording of this in action? Make sure you turn "Show touches" on in Designer's General Preferences. 

I cannot draw on that section in full screen mode.