You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher: Disable hover scrolling?

Is there any way of disabling hover scrolling? This is when you're over a text box (such as the font size box) and you scroll. Instead of scrolling the panel view, it changes the font size. People have wanted this for InDesign as well (go there if you don't know what I mean!). Is there any way to disable it on Publisher? I keep changing values by accident and don't want that to happen.

As far as I know, this is operating system-based functionality which is not specifically overridden by the Affinity applications.
Some people prefer it and others don’t. (Sometimes it annoys me but sometimes I find it very useful.)
You might be able to switch it off in whatever OS you are using but I couldn’t say how. You might be stuck with it.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

As far as I know, this is operating system-based functionality which is not specifically overridden by the Affinity applications.
Some people prefer it and others don’t. (Sometimes it annoys me but sometimes I find it very useful.)
You might be able to switch it off in whatever OS you are using but I couldn’t say how. You might be stuck with it.

This actually isn't a feature native to macOS (which I'm using). InDesign and Affinity Publisher are the only apps I know which use it—scrolling in a native macOS drop down list doesn't have this behavoir! Maybe I'll add in a feature request to turn this option off.

Ah, sorry, I thought it was the same (ages since I’ve used OS X).
It might be some kind of cross-platform-consistency thing but I don’t know how iPads work as they don’t have a mouse. Maybe it was to make it consistent with a swipe/drag motion or something.
If it’s causing you a lot of bother then, absolutely, put in a request for an option to have it switched off. You could well not be alone in wanting it.