You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 523 - IDML Import - Created a couple TIFF items that can't be found

In this 6 page document where I had the odd warning of Too Much Embedded Graphics, it created 2 – 1px x 1px TIFF graphics and put them into the Links folder I designated when I got that odd dialog reported in the other thread. However, I cannot see either of those tiny graphics in the 2 places it says they are, and they do not preview in the Finder -- just get a spinning beachball. If I use the Resource Manager's Locate button, it takes me to a page, but nothing is "selected" on the page. A Layer is selected (as per the attached pic), which is a Picture Frame with the 1x1 graphic within, but nothing is shown or selected on the page.

I can't imagine that there actually existed a valid 1x1px graphic in the original ID document, so this is somehow being interpreted by the import or IDML conversion. Minor issue in this case, but odd nonetheless.

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.56.47 AM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

I just checked the same doc that I had imported in b518 and saved, and it also has the same two 1x1 graphics. I guess I had not noticed them before, so not unique to beta 523.

Odd thing is that I can select the Picture Frame in the Layers pane but nothing is highlighted on the layout. And the two items cannot be Updated in the RM. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Just checked a different IDML import, a 4-page (2 - 2-page spreads) and it also had a small 1x1 TIFF created within a Picture Frame. In this case, the Frame can be seen when selected (a grey colored frame with beveling effect), but the 1x1 graphic within the frame does not show when selected or turned off. Obvious, of course, given that it is so small, but still there is no way that a 1x1 graphic element was in the original ID document. Something is getting read and these tiny 1x1 TIFFs are being generated within the document, which then results in APub asking where you want to store them (linked or embedded). In this particular document, I obviously said to leave it embedded unlike the other document where I specified Linked.

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 11.17.08 AM.png

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.