You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher freezing / becoming non-responsive on deselecting object

andersmy

Hi guys, 

I'm having this nasty problem with Publisher freezing and becoming non-responsive whenever trying to work on this specific document (attached).

It appears the document must be have been corrupted while saving it somehow, however no error messages are given.

The first time it happened was just after saving some changes.
I made a couple more quick edits to a string of text, then Publisher freezes completely when deselecting the text frame.

After force closing Publisher and reopening, the document then appears to load fine to the previously saved state.
Thumbnails don't load in the "pages" panel, though,  and the font manager claims there is an "unsupported character" somewhere.

Navigating around the UI is working at first. However, any interaction with document objects in the main window causes Publisher to freeze completely again, i.e. I believe it is the "deselect object" action that triggers this under certain conditions.  

Before this happened, I've had some intermittent crashes, but was always able to resume working from the last saved state.
After reading some of the other reports re: crashes on reordering pages, 

At this point, I'm not able to do anything with the file - which is quite painful given deadlines coming up.

I hope you can shed some light on the underlying issue, and also (fingers crossed) pinpoint and correct the problem with the document itself... 

Cheers,

Anders

publisher_bug_report_sample.afpub

I've uploaded the copy now. 

It could be that the file does not fully complete loading on my end, too. But at least here Publisher renders a preview which I can't interact with. 

I'm on v1.7.3, but also tried the latest beta. Same manifestation on both.

• 4 months later...