You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pano functions slow on 2016 MacBook Pro, faster on 2012 iMac

I'm stitching panos on two computers using the same Samsung SSD: A 2012 iMac and a 2016 MacBook pro. Much to my surprise the pano functions (both stitching and rendering) take about 50%--or more--longer with the newer machine. 

For the iMac I use a USB-C to USB-A cord, for the MacBook a USB-C to USB-C cord. I tried a different cord, and tried different USB-C ports on the MacBook.

Stitching, for example, six or eight 16-bit Tiffs originating from a Fuji XT3.

Specs screenshots attached below.

I see that the processor is (to my surprise) faster on the desktop, but other programs seems much quicker on the MacBook. Memory is larger on the older machine, too. Can it be that my old Mac is faster than my laptop???? :)

Suggestions?

--Darin

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 6.58.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 6.59.18 PM.png

• Staff

Our apps do have some settings that can be enabled/disabled to see processes improve. Try the Hardware Acceleration and use integrated GPU options to see if these make any difference as the newer system may take advantage of these more than the older one.