You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export bug, wrong size

virage

I am using AP 1.7.3 on MacOS 10.15.1

When exporting I need precise sizing. 

For instance, I might need 1200 x 675, or 1280 x 720.

However, more often than not, after I have cropped an image using a specific ratio (such as 16:9 in above examples) and then resize to the specific size, I get a file with wrong sizing. 

So I frequently get 1200 x 674, or 1280 x 719.  Then I have to go back and attempt another crop and hope that after than the export will produce the right size.  This can take several attempts before I get the size I want.

• Staff

Hey virage,

So the reading on the context toolbar is correct, as well as the size on the Export dialog?

I can't seem to get this to happen at all for me. I thought it might be a rounding issue but it doesn't seem to be. Are you using snapping along with the 'Move By Whole Pixels' and 'Force pixel alignment' settings?

Can you give me the exact steps (everything you click) in case I'm going about it slightly differently? 

• Staff

Hey virage,

I've been looking this morning and I wasn't able to reproduce it. Does the issue still happen with Snapping enabled for you? I have tried it with it on and off but I'd really like to know if this still happens when you enable Snapping.

• Staff

Hm, I suggested snapping to see if it helped when positioning everything but that is a bit worrying if you're still getting it...

Are you able to do a screen recording? The screenshots are helpful but a video might allow me to catch something. 

That's a different problem from what I encounter.  

As you can see from the video,  I specify the width of 1280 from which the dialog correctly computes the height of 720 - as it should for the 16:9 ratio for the crop frame.  Yet the output file produced is 1280 x 719, which is wrong.

One way or another, something is broken in this functionality (and Snapping on/off makes no difference).

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 5:24 AM, Chris B said:

Thanks virage,

I followed it exactly this time and I was getting 1280 x 719 on the export dialog so something definitely isn't right. I'll ask dev to look at it. Thanks for your patience :) 

Chris B: 

Any update on when this bug is going to be fixed?  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 1/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, virage said:

Chris B: 

Any update on when this bug is going to be fixed?  Thanks!

I'm afraid not. It has been logged with the developers but we don't give timescales for bug fixes.

@gzah I'm sorry you feel that way. The bug was acknowledged and logged by the support team with the developers. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, Chris B said:

I'm afraid not. It has been logged with the developers but we don't give timescales for bug fixes.

Any news Chris?  Can you ping the developers? This is a major nuisance and simply sloppy engineering. I like Affinity Photo and would like to continue using it, but this defect makes me question if I shouldn't look at competing products.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, virage said:

Any news Chris?  Can you ping the developers? This is a major nuisance and simply sloppy engineering. I like Affinity Photo and would like to continue using it, but this defect makes me question if I shouldn't look at competing products.

Pinging Chris again.  Any news on this bug?  Has Serif stopped reading the forum?

• Staff

There still isn't a fix against the logged issue. Unfortunately during the beta, hundreds of fixes were made but not for this one. All I can do is update the affects version (which I have already done) as I have little to no influence on what the developers fix as they have their own bug priority ordering.

• 10 months later...