You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher frequently crashes when engaging printer

I've been experiencing sudden crashes of Publisher about half the time I click the "Print" button in the Mac print dialog. It matters not if I've done anything else but simply open a file and select Print. and it doesn't matter which file is called up. Sometimes it takes several re-openings of Publisher before I finally get a print-out. Once the printer finally engages, the prints themselves come out just fine. I'm running publisher on a 2010 iMac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Please could you try uninstalling and reinstalling your printer drivers?

Okay. I reinstalled the printer drivers. I then made one print from Publisher that was immediately successfully. Hopefully, that success will continue. If the problem arises again, I will continue this post. Meanwhile, thank you very much! Hopefully, this is resolved!

Well, problem not entirely resolved! I made some prints today. The first attempt, upon clicking "Print" in the Mac print dialog, Publisher immediately crashed, but this time the file printed anyway and it came out just fine. After restarting the application, I made two more prints (each one was a different file). This time Publisher remained stable and everything printed out just fine.